Related Reports and Studies
- Report to Congress: Pipeline Damage Prevention
- Letter to Congress: Response to the Depth of Cover Study
- Report to Congress: Pipeline R&D Five-Year Plan
- Report to Congress: Results of Study on Hazardous Liquid Incidents at Certain Water Crossings
- PHMSA Tribal Assistance Protocol
- TRB Special Report 311: Effects of Diluted Bitumen on Crude Oil Transmission Pipelines
- Report to Congress: Cast Iron Pipelines
- Pipeline Replacement Updates – Online, publicly accessible database to track progress in replacing cast/ wrought iron and bare steel pipelines
- Report to Congress: Automatic and Remotely Controlled Shutoff Valves
- Report to Congress: Leak Detection Systems
- Final Report: Leak Detection Study
- Report to Congress: Completion of Hiring Authorized Inspection and Enforcement Personnel
- Studies for the Requirements of Automatic and Remotely Controlled Shutoff Valves on Hazardous Liquids and Natural Gas Pipelines
Rulemakings and Advisory Bulletins
- Initiated several rulemakings to strengthen gas and liquid pipeline integrity management
- "Pipeline Safety: Expanding the Use of Excess Flow Valves in Gas Distribution Systems to Applications Other Than Single-Family Residences" – Docket Number PHMSA-2011-0009
- "Pipeline Safety: Operator Qualification, Cost Recovery, Accident and Incident Notification, and Other Pipeline Safety Proposed Changes" – Docket Number PHMSA-2013-0163
- "Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines" – Docket Number PHMSA-2011-0023
- "Pipeline Safety: Safety of On-Shore Liquid Hazardous Pipelines" – Docket Number PHMSA-2010-0229
- Issued Accident and Incident Notification Time Limit advisory bulletin 1/30/2013.
- Issued Reporting of Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure advisory bulletin 12/21/2012.
- Issued Communication During Emergency Situations advisory bulletin 10/11/2012.
- Issued Verification of Records advisory bulletin 5/7/2012.
- Issued Establishing Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure or Maximum Operating Pressure Using Record Evidence, and Integrity Management Risk Identification, Assessment, Prevention, and Mitigation advisory bulletin 1/10/2011.
- Issued Emergency Preparedness Communications advisory bulletin 11/3/2010.